Tuesday 6 November 2012

Riding High

 Having learnt the lessons the hard way of pig transporting, and because the whole day was timed to the minute there being so many appointments to keep, not to mention the fact that pig club supporters are making a bee line for Rock HQ this weekend, it being the national sausage week and all, nothing was left to chance today. First light saw heavy metal being moved into place, steel hurdles were placed either side of the stable door. Trailer was moved into place and secured, the only way out of the stable was into trailer. All that was left was to tag the pigs, the right four were tagged, the two lucky longer life pigs were untagged. Food was given as an incentive and soon I had two untagged pigs in the trailer and four victims tagged pigs clinging on to the sides of the stable. Another bucket of feed and the situation became rather more confused thanks to yours truly raising porcine pulses with the aid of another hurdle being used to guide the pigs towards their final exit. The result was five pigs in the trailer, one untagged, the other untagged one then tried to get amongst while I was in the trailer rescuing the lucky one. Finally the right four were shut in, one was running up and down the lane, the survivor in the stable consoled herself with more food and the haulier stopped laughing and took them away. Sausage pork and bacon festival starts Saturday. .
Its not often that the three blogs merge into one, but thanks to this doofus Berner they will today. Bad news meant that I felt a need to hurt myself on the exercise front. I found a cure a long time ago for feeling low, apart from the love of my beautiful and oh so patient wife, pet therapy, fluffy bunnies, OK, so one of the cures for feeling low I use is intense physical exercise. When I was a gym rat and had more time on my hands I did this a lot, now several stone heavier but obviously much happier I don't have to kill myself with PT, but today it was a necessity.
So there I was strapped on to the life cycle, heart rate, rev per min, time, distance, calories all flashing by, System of a Down blaring away, things were getting heavy, I was feeling good. Then above the heavy metal crescendo there was a very loud confused Yelp, a funny sort of Phwoost sound and a cloud of Olive Drab mixed with a mind altering chemical smell. The cause of this was Spotty who, having got bored and liking to chew, bit into a can of Tamiya model spray paint which much to his surprise went off. He dashed out into the fresh air to clear his head while yours truly being part of the Matrix and determined to get further along the road to nowhere than last time raced the pink elephants and giant blue pandas riding chequered racing spiders. 16.6km later I won.

Day 6 30 30 Lvl 15 cycle cross training 16.6km System of a Down Mesmerise

No comments: