Tuesday 27 November 2012

Hanging around

When I finally got to where I was supposed to be today after fighting my way through flood, other drivers who thought their car would explode if they went faster than 26.2 mph, market traders, big issue sellers, queued with what looked like the cast of Shameless to be told that I needed to be across the road, through the double doors, up both sets of stairs, along the corridor, double back, take a left and follow the white rabbit running with a stop watch, right at the Holy Grail and provided the moon had aligned with Uranus the door would open and the meeting was in there.
Probably.
The fact that the building served as a market place, council offices and theatre meant I managed to get well and truly lost and having pressed a big button marked "Don't Panic" a very nice young lady appeared, as if by magic, dressed in a blue pinafore dress, and asked if she could help.
"Where the hell am I and wheres this meeting I am supposed to be at?" I gabbled after kicking the white rabbit down the stairs, his constant "I'm late I'm late" was wearing thin.
She smiled and said that as far as she knew the meeting was over. I knew I was late, but only minutes late. The rabbit appeared back at the top of the stairs, I wiped the smirk off his face with a well aimed shot of a stale bun marked eat me. "Over? How so?"
 "It started two hours ago" she said toying with the lid of a bottle marked drink me "I'm so sorry didn't they tell you?" she added with all the sincerity of Nick Clegg.
"Clearly not."
"Sorry, its so annoying when that happens, would you like some tea?"
But I was already trying to find a way out of the strange world I had just landed in.
From the looks of the ceiling I wasn't the only on hanging around.


Day 27 30 30 lvl 14 night ride 13.6 km Cheap Trick Live at the Budokhan disc 2

No comments: