Friday 11 May 2012

Final kit check

 Last minute kit check before the 5 am start, and it had to be last minute as Mr Planning left it until after late visits and evening rounds so a mad five minutes of stuffing things that might be useful, medical, edible, drinkable or waterproof into a ever expanding rucksack which now weighs the same as a small planet. Again, times past I had my kit always packed and ready to go but gone are the days of peak bagging and extreme alpine trips. So I think I am ready to rub shoulders with the gear monkeys and label spotters tomorrow. All being well by this time tomorrow I will be sat with my feet up drinking a cold one that had been well earned. Alternatively I could be hanging out the back of an air ambulance. Whatever happens it should be a good day, lots of money raised for charity. I think its probably best to leave little t, Thor and the Berners at HQ. Its going to be a tough day as it is!

No comments: