Wednesday 15 July 2009

Fed up


Its been a busy evening at Rock HQ. After promising never to fill the workshop with junk again I realised that it was in desperate need of retidying up when I opened the door and a sofa fell out on me. I'm not sure where it all came from, perhaps there are workshop sprites that create it while we are out but somehow the access to from the outside double doors to the doorway into the pantry could not be negotiated without a guide. Quite why I had stored broken buckets, old card boxes and broken furniture rather than throw it away from the start is beyond understanding so Rene was press ganged into service as a rubbish wagon. Most useless items were bagged up, some were moved from the workshop and into the garage on the just in case principle, just in case I decide there is a use for a broken wooden washing up rack or a chain mail vest I started making 15 years ago. At one stage I had moved so many items to the just in case its useful pile I began to wonder if I was actually tidying up or merely moving mess from one place to another.

By mid evening I had got to the stage where visibility from one end of the workshop to the other was possible and the noise from the critters reminded me that they all needed feeding and watering, as did The Technohermit so I had to stop. Feeding has been sped up since the horses were given a large bale of hay to munch on. The Stable Sprite dropped it off at the weekend confidently telling me that it should last the month. Its survived five days so far and has shrunk to less than a third of its size. Three ponies and 18 sheep lie around it with a I cant move I'm so full expression on their faces. Its a good job The Stable Sprite didn't mind delivering it because given the current rate of consumption we are going to need another on this weekend!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: