Friday 14 March 2014

Least said.... soonest mended

Gerry has been absent from Rock HQ for the last two weeks or so due to a catastrophic rear suspension failure. Luckily he is covered against such mechanical breakdowns by a gold plated platinum bells and whistles warranty that lasts a whole year provided each claim does not exceed £1000 and total claims in a year stay short of £3500. Having already forked out £475 for the fuel pump failure the warranty company were loathe to cough up more cash, especially so soon. So rather than just pay up they sent a minion to view the stricken 4x4 at the garage and found yes indeed a very poorly Discovery. Minion explained his role and nodded sagely as expert mechanic explained how poorly Gerry would be put back together with nice shiny parts. Minion coughed up that he had'nt got a clue what he was talking about as he was an accident assessor more used to body repairs but would submit a report that Gerry needed TLC and it would cost £1059.75p Warranty company took news very badly and phoned garage and said they were not going to pay for repairs as fault was normal wear and tear not a breakdown, they also refused to put this in writing (they also forgot to tell me) Garage phone me and advise. I ask them to wait ten minutes I will get back to them with a plan. I phone warranty company, conversation went almost as follows. Me "Will you pay for repairs" Them " No its wear and tear" Me "Ok, can you get a manager to call me and explain why, but leave it two minutes while I call trading standards." Them "Erm... Ok we'll pay for repairs" Me "Will you call garage or shall I?" Them "We will." I did anyway and lo...they had called, the parts are on their way and Gerry will be back by midweek. Hopefully for longer than last time. Explanation for picture. None. Other than I have no idea where my infatuation with unreliable Land Rovers comes from. Talking of unreliable the paragraph gremlin has retuned and stolen the paragraph spacing.

No comments: