Thursday 27 March 2014

First and last

First light, around 5.40 am saw work continue on the Swiss Chalet and this time I managed to get outside without waking the whole cottage. I did wake them up when I went back indoors 10 minutes later for my glasses but at least I tried. Two and bit more hours before breakfast saw the last but one of the internal walls go up and all windows glazed, say all, all outside windows, the inside ones need doing.
5.15 pm saw yours truly back in his scruff and putting last internal wall together, fitting catches to insides of doors, putting end caps on external walls and securing metal work to building.
The windows work, room with a view.
Last light, as the final ray of sunshine was obliterated by a hailstorm the building was finished. Operational. Complete. Well apart from the one external gable end, ceilings, floors, guttering, door locks, door and window fiddly bits, insulation, slates on roof, lighting, heating and Bose sound system.
I will do all that tomorrow.

No comments: