Tuesday 19 November 2013

Why I prefer English

 I thought this was a bit harsh, two prize calves demonstrating how useful gates could be, right next to a very nice lady churning out cheese burgers as freebies to customers at our local farmers superstore. Quite how they managed to get the interior of the building to be colder than outside, and outside was cold enough to freeze the windscreen of our Miranda, is a feat of modern warehouse architecture. Staff were dressed like polar explorers while the rest of us shivered looking for bargains for the critters. It was so cold that they forgot to give us the 10% discount off everything and we were so cold that we didn't notice.
 Mind you the visit did provide entertainment and free dinners which was much needed given what my evening had in store.
This is a sample of some of my doodling statistical analysis work, math was my least favourite subject at school (alongside chemistry, physics, French, German, and PE) (I liked Art, RE, English and just about tolerated geography) so why I have embarked on a course that has as its first module qualitative and quantitative analysis is a bit of a mystery. It might have something to do with not reading the course syllabus properly!

PS. For those interested the exercise on the left was correct after 2.5 hours trying to establish why I was 0.02 adrift. The exercise on the right is 100% correct and did not involve turning to the answer page "accidentally". Apparently this is the most complicated calculation necessary in the course without the use of computer software. I'm as good at using computers as I am at Maths. This is going to be a long course.

3 comments:

Andy_in_Germany said...

I'm about to go and do a modular test for carpentry which involves a lot of maths and formulas that I'm not entirely sure I've mastered, it is good to know I'm not alone...

M said...

tony, i married an engineer and mathamatician....so i didn't have to worry about it all- ha! i think i made need a spelling champ too lol- happy calculating, btw little t is becoming quite the dapper little man.

Fizz said...

Good luck with the maths. Mummy was good with that & other sciency stuff (degree in Forensic Science)But we dogs don't really care about all that, we just care about cuddles