Friday 15 November 2013

Mad dogs and British Lions

 So having told everyone I was going to run 15 miles along Offa's Dyke dressed as a Lion for Children in need I had to do it.
 All kitted out, ready for the off in front of a cheering crowd, if 4 people, a toddler and a babe in arms count as a crowd.
 Not seeing the funny side after a very nasty climb and a million volt jolt from an electric fence. I did discover that Lions should wear trainers, my outfit over trainers was a bad idea, slippy and the costume soaked up gallons of water making it like running in diving weights.
 X marks the final destination, alls well at this point except I dropped my mobile phone and had to spend a while retracing my steps to find it.
 Chariots of Fire music playing as I approach the finish line
 Ta-Dah finish, to victor the spoils!
 Pose for finishers shot, Spotty and me, 3 hours 13 minutes, 15 very muddy hilly miles and goodness knows how many stiles, gates and stream crossings!  I think I raised around £200.
 Meanwhile the apprentice decorated cakes to sell for children in need.
 Eating hardly any!
 Paradise found! The cakes sale. Raised loads of money, thanks everyone!
And behind every fun run Lion is a very patient and supportive woman.

No comments: