Thursday 18 April 2013

What if?

 I was asked the other day what would I do if I didn't have so many animals. Not sure really was the answer, make airfix models or something equally geeky.
 Well today as part of my paid job I got to go out and explore and was even allowed to meet real people and spent several very entertaining hours talking to them about their personal lives, motivations and hobbies.
 They were really nice people (even though they didn't offer any biscuits or cake with the much needed cuppa) and had a very interesting life in a really nice house with lovely dogs and kids. In fact I liked them so much we made plans to train them as foster carers.
But their neighbour obviously has a hobby that I would really like to do. Regular visitors will have already seen pictures taken by yours truly of vehicles with character, like knackered tractors resting, but mainly of WWII Dodge Weapons Carriers that visit rural shows. There were a number of American bases round these parts in the war, they even used the Bonsai Mountain for artillery practice. Kington had a military base and the one at Leominster was a hospital. After the war a number of the vehicles were "borrowed" and made into farm trucks. Not sure of the history of this Dodge ambulance, but I want one, anybody got one they want to donate I'm willing to travel.

2 comments:

Jeremy Fisher said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1941-DODGE-WC-12-WEAPONS-CARRIER-ONE-YEAR-ONLY-RARE-/140955931024?pt=Military_Vehicles&hash=item20d1a0d190

Tony said...

Is it free or do they want a piglet for it :)