Tuesday 16 April 2013

A minor set back

 While I was training tonight for the BBMC 2013 it was with the knowledge that my companion for the Big Black Mountain Challenge has just pulled out. Competition for the places is always fierce and gets harder every year
 as there is a limit to the number of fat blokes they will allow on the mountain. Tonight I did the quick up and down North Face Gully, Reuben scrambling after me
 while Bliss and Elf were a bit more relaxed about the whole thing. My BBMC excompanion would like to give the impression that he tore the ligaments in his left ankle on a massive workout in preparation for 43km of mountain mayhem when in actual fact I know he did it kicking a ball for his daughter in the park. This is a minor setback, pretty sure a replacement can be found, one already turned me down on account of taking part in a 24 hour bike ride.
If I can carry enough water perhaps a brace of Berners will accept the challenge. They've done most of the training.

No comments: