Friday 26 April 2013

Chasing rainbows

 Ever had one of those days where nothing you plan actually happens and you end up doing lots of other things which take 5x longer than they should, no, well welcome to my world. Instead of a jolly day in meetings (the real alternative to work) I had to go to other meetings (and work not punch)  people who tried their best to remake decisions made at a meeting already held and only when I threatened to take my ball away did they see sense and keep to the arrangements we had spent hours over previously. By 2pm any idea of saving the planet by cycling to my final meeting 20 miles away was out of the window and Miranda was pressganged into service and I finally caught up with myself. The highlights of the day was calling in to a farmer supermarket at lunch time and finding 10x bags pigfeed for half the normal money, receiving notice that a new BBMC partner had manned up and decided to join me on this annual trek and that a new home (perhaps only temporary) had been found for my little rescue ponies.

1 comment:

Andy in Germany said...

I think it's the curse of the smallholder, or at least curse of the smallholder who has another job as well. I know exactly what you mean.