Monday 4 March 2013

When I'm cleaning windows

In a past life as a way of earning pocket money I used to fit double glazing.  I then saved up this money (or rather I didn't get paid until I earned enough for a double glazed unit) and spent on windows and fitted them myself with the boss's borrowed kit. Its amazing how easy DIY is if you have the right tools and don't have to rely on a hammer and bent screwdriver as I do for most tasks. Some readers might wonder how the windows I fitted are doing given my track record for DIY SOS scares, but I can truthfully report that I often drive past residences with windows inserted into the fabric of the building by yours truly and none have been condemned.  This spare time occupation went on for a couple of years until I replaced all the windows on our old house with fully functional see through open and closing non rotting wall furniture and all was well. Then we sold up and moved to HQ with its wooden trap the moisture rot off at the hinges falling putty type windows. And as I am a tad busy and my oppo has replaced me on the window fitting circuit I have to pay not only for the unit but the fitting. Or barter. Now having already calculated that paying off the mortgage by selling 38 million eggs is going to be difficult, I thought I might have a spot of bother persuading Steve (yes really) the windows to take a share of pig club rather than real money for the two most rotten windows at HQ. The day started with the bacon sarnie sortie, followed by t break look at these lil beauties and then the all out assault on the senses sausage butties for lunch (optional onions) and the gently drop into conversation how a whole pigs worth could be his for a window or two. In the end we settled for one pig for two windows provided I pay my replacement real money and clear up any mess. Jobs a good un and the back bedroom is now several degrees warmer and definitely looks better. Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee had no idea what was being discussed in their hearing but I thank them for their total commitment to the Rock HQ home improvements score. Pig club. Best tasting club in the world.

No comments: