Thursday 14 March 2013

Better than working

 Meetings are a practical alternative to work, and as a large proportion of my day is taken up with meetings (never lonely me) I was impressed with the location of one of my colleagues latest effort to avoid making a decision call to discuss matters, so much so that I had to take pictures and almost forgot what the agenda was. Those that convened the meeting apologised for the setting, apparently this was the only room in the whole of the city that was available. The 7 of us were somewhat dwarfed by the size of the room and the throne like red leather chairs.
 It was like being in a museum, military flags, paintings, busts and other finery adorned the walls and when they finally got my attention and I was able to focus on the task in hand as we sat around the immense oak table and prevaricated worked through the agenda I then made the mistake of looking up and saw what was overhead.
If Heineken made sky lights.............

No comments: