Friday 22 March 2013

Unexpected Guest

Work was a trifle perplexing yesterday and I felt like I was chasing my tail, endlessly going to meetings (an alternative to work) that failed to materialise. No one turned up which was rude as they requested my attendance but I did meet several people from my past life, that I know you don't I moment when both parties look at each other and try and figure out when/where/why you know them and if you parted on good terms the last time you met, thankfully both were in the friend category and one even wanted to convene a meeting (another!) as a consequence of our unscheduled bumping into each other (we were on a bridge)
The day did have its high points, I had an unexpected office visitor who took it on herself to follow me to work. Reba made most of the facilities and did not disgrace herself by thinking that the new carpets were the toilet. Further low points were changing the heat lamp bulb in the aviary to protect our feathered friends from the ravages of the weird weather, the new bulb shattered in my hand as I inserted and twisted. Being organised (ahem) I had actually bought two new bulbs so once I had disentangled flesh, glass and metal I fitted bulb MkII which refused to glow. There then followed the saga of checking all the fuses, resetting the trip switch, fitting old intact bulb on the off chance it might work, swearing, and generally threatening inanimate objects that if they didn't work then the skip beckoned. All to no avail and after an hour of messing around in the dark I had to concede defeat and left the birdies to their own devices. There is a severe weather warning, snow or rain, we are on the cusp Rock HQ settled down to a cold night our part of the weather front dumped snow. This time last year we were having to wear sun block and water shortages were predicted!

No comments: