Friday 21 September 2012

Vics almost back

 Thanks to the close attention this pretty boy pony has been paying to Hazel the almost 4x4, he having stoved the panels in again after a nice man unstoved them, and wear and tear and bits generally falling off, or sounding like they are about to fall off we have decided to resurrect Vic who has been sulking at the end of the lane for the last 6 months. One reason why he was taken off the Queen's highway was due to the extortionate amount of money the insurance company wanted to allow me to drive. For some curious reason after 6 months of not driving the same insurance company have offered me the same insurance cover for the same car for half the price quoted in April.
Of course I took care of Vic as he lay resting, I didn't, for example, allow the pigs to dig around him and half bury him. I regularly started him and never ever left him with the lights on causing it to be flatter than Nick Cleggs singing voice (I don't care how sorry the smarmy vote grabber is I don't want to hear him sing about it, even for charity) and I never used him as a receptacle for empty feed sacks. Once I sorted through a million old emails to find the four digit code for the stereo (priorities!) and then put right all the things I hadn't done, then freed the brakes, got the wheels turning, fitted a new battery and cleared a space big enough to sit in I took him for a spin (yes he is now taxed and insured) and as I got out on the open road suddenly feeling all Top Gear presenterish I remembered that I had only put a litre of fuel in from the chainsaw can(another thing I hadn't done was run him out of go juice) and mercifully made it back up the lane to the sanctuary of HQ. I also remembered that he has the ground clearance of a pregnant shrew so drove him oh so carefully up the lane that has pot holes in it like a scale model of the grand canyon thereby saving the suspension and floor from damage. Feeling pretty pleased I considered putting more fuel in and taking him to the car wash to get the green slime off. That's when the fan belt broke. Nothings ever easy is it?

No comments: