Friday 28 September 2012

Two cars become one. Again

For a few hours today we were making some progress, suddenly a two car family again, off in separate directions. I parked Vic outside the Red Kite office just in time for a very elderly gent to hit him with his van. When this minor transgression was pointed out to the OAP (who had driven off, but as we are a one horse town, see above, I knew he would be back again soon) he was so shocked that I had genuine concerns for his well being and all thoughts of reparation for the damage to Vic's bumper evaporated as I spoke to him whilst having my thumb poised over digit 9 on my mobile. Thankfully the old chap started breathing again when I told him to forget it (he probably had anyway) and went about the rest of my day.
My beautiful and oh so patient wife was out and about in Hazel the almost 4x4 and as she was misbehaving (Hazel not the patient one) she took it to a garage where the engine fell out. Nice man at garage said he could put it back in again for twice what we had paid for the broken 4x4 in the first place but he did manage to pour the cogs back in which allowed forward and homeward direction. Hazel has now taken what was Vic's place in the lane and is waiting to be put down.  

No comments: