Tuesday 3 January 2012

Have some



We get a lot of weather here, but today I can, with some honesty, say that we had a lot of it in a very short time. I lost the arm wrestle so had to go out and brave the elements, a task made harder by the fact that our less than straight boar was wandering around inspecting all receptacles in the hope that they contained food. Several possible food containers sped past the cottage at high speed thanks to the storm force wind, others went past against the prevailing wind attached to a bored boar. Thor decided to leave me alone when the hail disintegrated what was left of my sense of humour. This meant he missed the comedy show when I made the mistake of trying to turn around in the pigsty forgetting that knee deep mud prevented this manoeuvre and when I finally extricated myself from what was now elbow deep mud I had had it with weather, mud, pigs and buckets without handles. Ignoring the score cards held aloft by the pigs (some had scored deliberately low) as I clambered out of the pen I consoled myself that within the week more than half of the current occupants will be resident in Mr Whirlpool. We shall see who is laughing then.

1 comment:

spiderlover said...

We've been having wet and very windy weather for too long now here in Orkney....getting hard to remember what it was like before it all started! Understand the havoc caused by gales as people here have lost chicken houses, chickens and sheds. At least you'll have a full freezer soon, just hope there are no power-cuts....Happy New Year!