Sunday 29 January 2012

Happy Christmas!

We left Trevor on guard in the yard and playing Little Johnny big potatoes and getting all assertive with Chester and took a trip up to see my family who have the good sense to live 120 miles away, or 178 if you go by our sat nav with its unique sense of direction. As we haven't seen them since last September we had Christmas again but with KFC instead of turkey. It was good to catch up and they got to see how the apprentice smallholders lungs had developed, he teething let the world know several times that things were not quite right in his world. He was spoiled rotten and somehow we managed to cram all little t's presents into Vic for the return journey. As an extra bonus my tech minded brother in law was persuaded to have a look at my Kindle, my Christmas gift from my beautiful and oh so patient wife, which since I opened its box and plugged it into the PC has failed to work. He looked at it, for approximately 52 seconds before it burst into life and promised to behave itself. Fantastic! How did you manage that I wondered. Apparently theres an "on" switch! Good job I asked him to look at it before taking it back to the shop. Mum asked if my very clever brother in laws intervention had re-Kindled my interest in reading. We left before Dad got his Tony Blackburn joke book out.







No comments: