Thursday 5 January 2012

All present and correct



I suppose it says something about the ferocity of last nights storm that Technohermit felt he had to phone me and see if I was alright just after sunrise. I was surprised to hear from him given it was so early and more so when I discovered why he was calling, had we been blown away. Well the cottage took a battering, I was woken up at 2.30 am with a sound similar to a roof being torn off, but the bulk of the buildings been here since 1785 and has probably seen worse. Not for the first time we thanked the small gods of tree removal for having felled the three ash trees that surrounded the stable (yes I know we should have felled them before building the stable but wheres the fun in forward planning) otherwise we might have had a different tale to tell. The only significant damage we found was a leak in the stable roof, hence the wet patch on the wall. All our animals were present and correct, hungry as ever. So in the continuing gale I set off with Trixie, this time without the brakes on, and got another ton of their favourite munchies. Unloading had to wait til dark as work got in the way of playing. By nightfall the rain and wind had abated but the new river that ran across the yard was entertaining for the Berners. The plus side of this river appearing is that it means the drain I put in the concrete of the Corral OK is working. Phase two is to continue it across the yard and into the ditch in the field.

The new website seems to be working and thanks for all the comments, all good. Those who contacted us about pig club will get a newsheet in their emails shortly.

2 comments:

Jeremy Fisher said...

Now why did I read this and think of Rock HQ??:
"The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, and is not preceded by a period of worry and doubt".

Tony said...

Where did you read that?