Thursday 7 July 2011

Firing cheeseballs at a dog


I like the contrasts my life has to offer. Take yesterday, early start sorting sausages and eggs for sale, quick hop across the mountains to the valley that time forgot to right some wrongs and then an evening spent listening to Greg Davies' life story, which was hilarious and included the firing cheese balls at a dog tale.
This morning, a slow start as Tristan was too endearing to give up cuddling so I stayed having hugs instead f getting myself to work on time. Court saw its usual parade of no hopers keen to take on the might of the legal system. Somehow I ended up being the only social worker in the building thus landed with every enquiry, phone call and distraught citizen to deal with. A race across the mountain to make my evening appointment with a very nice militia man who can save me over £60 a month. How? Well he mills his own feed and as such does not have to pay for a nice shiny fleet of airbrushed lorries and amazingly double jointed JCB tractors, so does not have the massive overheads of our until now feed supplier. Whats more he is "open" evenings and weekends, gives discount to regular customers and as a bonus sold us two weaner pigs for the cost that we normally pay for one. So we have cheap feed a plenty and two very cute Oxford Sandy and Black weaners to feed us later in the year.
I'm now sat waiting for the phone to ring. Why?
Well if the militia man can save us £60 a month on the feed bill, he can save Stable Sprite £60 a week on his.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: