Friday 24 May 2013

One previous owner

I was lucky enough to have a day off so much time was spent clearing the massive amount of organic matter that falls with monotonous regularity from the backsides of our equine friends. In return for my housekeeping they made an effort
to contribute by mowing the "lawns"
and weeding the "garden".
Naturally I had some canine companions "assisting" my megamuckaton
but when it came to a second attempt to fetch the little shitland back from the wilderness they took the sensible option and hid under the kitchen table. I, having less choice then they, took a bucket of feed onto the ridge, then down the other side, looking for the pocket rocket Romeo and true to form found him far far away. He was very difficult to spot as he was lurking in a gorse thicket spying on the militia ponies. Deploying the food did for a few seconds attract everyhorses interest and the little shitland almost forgot himself until the grey mare, the apple of his eye chose distance over food and while she and the rest cantered away, he thought for a moment and cantered after her. Yours truly lacking ability to canter sat by scattered offerings and watched several of the herd scoff the freebies while the majority joined the magic circle and disappeared. Once sure they were not bluffing I did follow in their hoofprints and after we got a fair distance across the county they decided to canter all the way back. Knowing that this time it was in the vague direction of home I dutifully followed, half bucket of feed no weighing heavy. Horses being the totally intelligent types ran back to where we had started, up and over the ridge to the mirror image point. Once there they played merrygo round waiting for my arrival and then they ran all the way back. At least I think thats what they did because me being the sensible type carried on in the direction of home and gave the rest of the feed to the pigs who were very grateful. And where they should be.

1 comment:

Andy in Germany said...

All that horse poo, and here's me trying to organise a trailer full of the stuff to the garden.

I'm guessing you wouldn't consider delivering to Germany.