Thursday 2 May 2013

I'm gonna be like you Dad!

The only advantage of working over the hills and far away yesterday in a huge building that had over 2000 people crammed in it beavering away at public works was that at lunch time I managed to cross the three lanes of traffic and visit the city toyshop to spend a voucher given to little t for Christmas by his Grandparents.
Well, I would have had he not thought it a great joke to remove the voucher from the gift card and hide it. So having resolved to buy said bike I handed over the right amount of real money to purchase his first bike.
The really helpful bike salesperson called Steve made me sign a document accepting complete responsibility for bike as I had opted to buy the unassembled version which was a whole two gallons of diesel cheaper.
Once I had signed that all accidents and injury caused by bodging it together would be my fault he flashed a smile and asked if I would like the complimentary toolkit that came with the bike.
By complimentary I checked that he meant free.
Indeed he did.
Looking the gift horse square in the mouth I asked if it was any good.
Without hesitation he said, "No. Its made of cheese"
"Soft cheese?"
"Very. Allen keys, all cheese"
"Spanner?"
 "More Cheese"
Thanking him for his honesty I left my free toolkit to clutter up someone elses kitchen drawers.
Little t woke the the surprise of his new steed and his smile was worth the three hours I spent putting it together.

1 comment:

M said...

cute. wow the furst bike, i remember my first.... it was pink. little t is growing so fast!