Friday 4 February 2011

Getting wind

Life's never dull here. I thought that last night as I struggled up the steep slopes of Goatanamo in the dark with a torch that refused to shine as I tried to solve the "Why is there no water" puzzle once more. Most householder ever have to worry that nothing will happen when they turn the tap to fill the kettle, ours like to keep us guessing, especially in the cold weather. Problem solved, the pump had tripped out from trying to pump ice a few days ago, a simple turn it off turn it on again remedied the lack of flow. Once it was gushing I stood and listened to the howling gale that was threatening to blow us from the Bonsai Mountain. Its probably the strongest most prolonged gale we have had since we moved here in 2006 and having been next to this tree when it fell in 2006 (it fell away from me and the car, thankfully missing The Oracles house, the same gale brought 45 ton of rock from the cliff into the garden) not for the first time I was glad that the trees that surrounded the stable block and cottage were removed September 2009. Back in Rock HQ the windows rattled, there was a sound like the small god of hail was dancing on our roof (later found to be a piece of flashing worked loose) and I sat down with a cuppa, from the now restored water supply, next to the wood burner, fueled by wood from the felled trees of 2009 and counted my blessings.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: