Saturday 12 February 2011

Bad timing


Its been a strange day, the suns been shining, the sky has been mostly blue, the birds singing their hearts out in the trees and all the critters ate hay while the sun shone. I did plan to get a lot done today, especially as we are only 5 days from the birth of a new biped at Rock HQ. Tracey my beautiful and oh so patient wife has supervised most of the days activities with her eyes shut, I would post a video clip of her snoring but the threat of a severe beating has made me change my mind. Its been a strange day as we said goodbye to he who cannot be named (aka Ben) who has gone off to another hot country where the indigenous population celebrate his presence by shooting at him. He was hoping that the new small would arrive at Rock HQ last night, but our civvie timing is not as good as military planning so despite a curry Tracey refused to cooperate and he left without seeing his new sibling. Even so he left in a good mood, once we washed the cat paw prints off his nice shiny super car and chastised Rocky for putting his muddy paws on the newly cleaned bonnet. I decided pointing out he was lucky the goat hadn't slept on it would only add oil to the fire of temper smouldering and we waved goodbye hoping to see him again. Soon.
Not much got done around the smallholding today other than essential animal maintenance and tidying. This had less to do with the fact that I was tired from a mental week of child protection and more to do with the 6 Nations, watching England thump Italy made up for the boredom of the Wales Scotland match. I did do some cooking and freezing of meals, we might be grateful of oven ready meals when new small is demanding attention in the next week or so. Tomorrow is going to be a busier day. I can say this with confidence as there is only one rugby match to distract me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: