Thursday 23 September 2010

Miss Whiplash


Its a been a while but Vic and I now get on. Today he proved his worth as we approached a roundabout in the heavy rain, I slowed to a halt so as to allow the overcrowded Fiat Punto safe progress. A sudden explosion of noise, my view of the road changing to the back seat as my head crashed back into the headrest. Focusing on the empty road ahead I wondered how I had hit the Fiat, and where was it. I then realised as my eyeballs stopped spinning that some numpty had tailgated me. Hazards on I pulled over and carefully got out. The petrified lady driver sat gripping her steering wheel, and peering over he deployed air bag was mouthing "I'm so sorry". Her mother was wrestling with the passenger bag and trying not to cry. The rear passengers clung to each other as yours truly cautiously walked to the rear of the Vic to view the catastrophe. Nothing was different. By now I was joined by a hysterical woman pleading for forgiveness. We both looked carefully at Vic, he sat stoically in the downpour, hazard lights keeping rhythm to The Darkness on his excellent stereo. We both looked at her car. I picked her colour matched bumper off the floor and helped her put it in the boot of the now battered Ford Focus. We decided that there was no point in exchanging details as A. My car was fine, and B. No one would believe her name.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: