Sunday 19 September 2010

All but finished!

Not the best of starts to the day when the Honda failed to start due to my leaving it with the lights on and then in an attempt to bump start it I forgot the wheelbarrow neatly parked behind it which promptly wedged itself underneath the wheel carrier. it took an age to dig it out and still the Honda refused to come to life without the assistance of Vic the Volvo giving it a jump.
Extreme pruning continued, tree sized lumps were force fed the goats, well we all have a role to play, theirs is recycling the foliage hacked from the jungle that was once garden. In between dagging the sheep, a lovely job where you wipe their bottoms, trimming their feet and worming them, feeding all and sundry and playing with the latest toy to arrive at Rock HQ, an industrial strength pressure washer, we got the sun terrace all but finished.
I say all but, all I have to do is finish the pointing. I did attempt this yesterday but but my efforts did not pass inspection and Pritch removed the offending cement with a huge stone cutter and told me in no uncertain terms that I needed to do it again. So after huge effort by the kids the garden is nearly set for next weeks opening ceremony where we hope to a bit of a do to celebrate the commissioning of the helipad.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: