Wednesday 2 June 2010

New tactics

The war against the green menace continues. Here we see Bonny above and Daffodil below amongst the fastest growing plant on the Bonsai Mountain, Bracken. Constantly cutting it back eventually clears it to reveal nice pasture land. That's the plan. I was happily engaged in this mission with a petrol strimmer cutting acres of the wretched stuff down weekly only to be emailed by a Professor type from a Welsh University letting me know that he had been cutting the same patch for 17 years and it still grew as vigorously as ever. He also advised against cutting it twice a week. Instead I should let it grow a few weeks and then savage it, that way it would take more energy from the root store. So yesterday I got covered in green mush from a sortie up the hill. Its quite therapeutic cutting swathes through the weeds and I got about an acre done in no time. Only 500 million more to go.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: