Saturday 20 September 2008

A quiet day in the garden



Its been a busy 24 hours st Rock HQ and as usual the animals are up to their antics providing much amusement to their human owners.
Now most people don't get miniature horses having a snooze on their lawn, neither do they have dogs roaming round that are bigger than the horse.
But then again I get so used to seeing strange things everyday you get used to it. But today I saw something so strange, so extraordinary and baffling I still can't quite believe it happened.
Its been a glorious day, the sun shone, the birds sang and I took Rene off road for the first time to collect the apples for the pigs, who deserved a massive apple feed. With the help of a 20 foot stick and a quilt cover I managed to gather together more apples than I could physically lift. Somehow I wrestled them into the car and turned for home.
It was then I saw it.
Fleetingly.
But it happened.
As I did a three point turn up in the bracken I saw a figure.
It was Mad Keith, the techno hermit.
He smiled and waved.
I drove off, gripping the steering wheel in panic.
Mad Keith was naked.
I didn't stop to find out why.

No comments: