Friday 5 September 2008

Always look on the bright side of life!

This is a picture of another crime scene at Rock HQ, the goats have savaged the haystack, tearing off a tarpaulin and dragging bales of hay out into the lane. Not content with that they then squeezed under the fence and attacked the apple trees.

They have no idea whats in store for them tomorrow but it will put an end to the goat mayhem, for a while anyway.

Its raining again, for a change, the good thing is that I only had to spend an hour and a half in it repairing the haystack and feeding the menagerie. Ben on the other hand cycled 100 miles from Lands End to Okehampton in atrocious weather on the first stage of his end to end ride. The rains so heavy the workshops flooded again, the worst of the water has stopped coming in thanks to a very daring climb onto the roof where I was able to reach the gutter and empty it. The sound of the shed roof creaking under the strain of my considerable bulk spurred me on to complete the task in record time before I found myself in the magic white bus to see my new friends at the hospital again. Its nearly a year since I had my last fall, and believe me it was my last fall.

Whilst it may be the most miserable weather and the wettest summer on record at least I am here at Rock HQ to experience it, even enjoy it in some weird way, it could after all be worse it could be snowing. So here I am enjoying a glass of cider in the dry and warm surrounded by the Berners. I just hope it stops raining before I have to go out and put the birds away!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: