Saturday 6 September 2008

Goatanamo Detainees Latest News

















The goats have pushed their luck for the last time, well until they figure out how to escape from the maximum security stockade, Goatanamo, constructed on the bank below the small cliff behind the stables.

In a break in the weather I finished putting up the barbed wire and constructed a temporary gate. The terrible twosome watched with interest as I struggled in the mud on a 45 degree slope whilst stretching wire and attaching it to the posts. At one stage they followed me inside and sampled the delights of the brambles and bushes set aside as goat fodder for the next few days. Once they have cleared it they can have hay and goat mix, a small price to pay for the luxury of being able to walk around Rock HQ without getting mugged by the goats.

Maggie sensed a trap and set off down the lane at one point but her curiosity got the better of her and she returned when she saw a bucket just inside the wire. Gleefully I shut the gate and happy they were now incarcerated safely I went back inside for a well earned coffee and a quick read of How to keep Goats to see if anyone produces bright orange jump suits for goats.

Ben had called while I was out and was now in Bristol, another 100 mile day. Just before he got there he had a huge puncture that blew the side out of the tyre so he will need to find another Halfords tomorrow before he can continue his end to end ride.

Refreshed with a shot of caffeine I went back out into the rain to feed the animals, my hope of doing this unmolested was dashed when Geisha came trotting up to me bleating loudly. Now Geisha is not the sharpest tool in the box and if anygoat was going to do a Houdini I would have bet money on Maggie. Somehow Geisha had found a weak spot in the fence and was now intent on sticking to her usual routine of bothering me. Falling for the empty bucket trick she followed me back into jail but almost immediately jumped through a gap once my back was turned. Gap plugged she was returned to Goatanamo where she will be detained with Maggie until its safe to let her out again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: