Friday 12 September 2008

Poor piggies

















How bad do I feel?

Pretty bad.

These are our four big beautiful Berkshire pigs tucking into a apple treat donated by Mr20% and as you can see by their happy smiling faces they are relishing every mouthful. I have to confess to having a pavlovian response when I see the pigs, my mouth starts to water when I look at them as I cannot help but imagine all the delicious crackling and melt in the mouth pork. Slow roasted with apples and cider, served on a bed of mustard mashed potatoes and honeyed carrots with home made gravy it is a perect dish, or perhaps a leg turned into a nice ham simply sliced and eaten in a wedge of the freshest bread, it just cannot be beaten. So while I watch their antics from the rock that dominates the one end of their pen I concoct recipes to try when the day of their departure arrives.

I feel bad as after I took this picture, after I got down in the pen with them and scratched their backs and tickled their ears, after hand feeding them and watching them chase around the tree I returned to the cottage and contacted the abbatior.

October 7th.

The date has been set.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: