Tuesday 23 September 2008

Copy cat criminal
















This is what I found first thing this morning, a real life horse thief, William our welsh cob taking a leaf out of the goats already blotted copy book and robbing the haystack.
He compounded his crime by having escaped from the safe confines of his field overnight leaving poor Trevor to wander about all alone. The goats are currently in the Goatanamo maximum security annex next to the kennels as Maggie has found a way into the garden, the vegetable garden that is, its taken her five months but shes succeeded. He arrival in the veg patch put an end to our beans, severely hampered some of the cabbages and terminated the sweet peas. They will stay incarcerated until a new fence is erected along the lane.
Williams training is coming on leaps and bounds, we have had him just over a year and he has filled out nicely, still not fully grown but strong enough to begin backing him. Tonight after work, and after I conducted another successful apple raid I walked alongside him while my ever so patient wife Tracey sat on him and rode him down the lane to our turning circle and back again. He was as good as gold and performed admirably. By the look in his eye I suspect he is saving himself for when I sit on him and at that point he will no doubt Chuck a mental, throw me off and stamp all over me.
The perils of horsemanship are nothing to the perils of the workshop landing, bring it on William, bring it on.

No comments: