Monday 7 September 2015

The walk of shame

 It was with a real sense of oh my God I've done it again when on this morning's patrol with the demi clan I found fresh horse pooh.
 Up until that point my morning had been perfect, the sky was blue, the birds were singing, bacon and eggs awaited (actually porridge but lets not spoil a tale with details) and the clan and yours truly enjoyed the views and each others company.
 Then at fiveways the first spore. Fresh horse pooh and me being the poor sap that I am thought oh look, horse pooh, the wild herd have come down from the ridge. Then another pile, then one in sheepskull lane and the pooh penny dropped. It was my pooh. Yesterday we let Snoops out to munch on the fresh greenery outside the field with the less than accurate prediction that Snoops wont go anywhere. Now I'm no Sherlock, but I'm telling you Watson that is my horse pooh and a clear sign that several hours of running about the ridge with a bucket of allure beckoned. This would be doomed to fail as Snoop hates all physical contact unless its with Pronto and then she's a complete tart doing the equine equivalent of a lap dance every time he so much as breathes in her direction.
 
 So the last mile back to HQ was a bit of a blur but he absence of a white and brown cantankerous was confirmed on arrival at HQ.   Now the reason she was out was clear, I had forgotten to put her away last night. The assumption she wouldn't go anyway was obviously flawed and Pronto prancing around super whinnying his annoyance at being dumped added to the mornings problems.
 Just as I was about to go indoors and confess to MBAOSPW of my error who should appear at the end of the lane but Snoopy doing the walk of shame having spent the night out with the local wild stallions.
 Lucky for her she was immediately forgiven by Pronto
and was quickly shut behind bars to prevent further dangerous  liaisons.

No comments: