Wednesday 30 September 2015

Lunchtime special

 The only advantage of the day, a day that was spent arguing the toss with aggressive Barristers was that the journey home took me to a favourite mountain route
 and just for a change instead of haring off up Pen y Fan, the haunt of the UK's special forces
 I took the opposite route across the road for my nano adventure (micro adventures are all the rage, Google it, so an adventure that takes only part of the day and the majority of lunchtime is clearly a nano). So after blasting up the mountain the only option is to go back down a different side
 and then I found a really interesting way down
 and the views along the valley to civilisation were amazing
 so as it was lunchtime I stopped for lunch
 a MRE pasta concoction that tasted much better than it looked
 as I took in the view I could see the peaks of Corn Du and Pen y Fan.
 The other direction had the mountain I had come from which I think is Craig Cerrig Glesiad, either that or the one I'm on is. I was line of sight navigating rather than getting maps out.
 Having selected the way home I set off
 and took the route down the cliff only to find when I got to the bottom, the point of the dark shadow in this picture, that the only way back to the car without a boring slog up a busy A road was to climb back up again, along the top of the dark shadow.
 One mile from my car
 seemed a ggod time for the compulsory selfie
 and after a quick chat with locals I made it back home in time for tea and medals.
Here are the boys in their new tent holding Nana hostage!

No comments: