Saturday 7 March 2015

Keeping myself occupied

 While my beautiful and oh so patient wife was having a much needed knee operation, one which will if as successful as we hope it will be will mean she can bend her knee without risking it not straightening again, I had to find a way to keep myself occupied. Luckily there was a very nice restaurant that was serving not your usual hospital food.
 Fortunately for  my waistline MBAOSPW was evicted before thoughts turned to the dinner menu and once yours truly managed to extricate the new invalid from Ruby I abandoned her, the apprentice and rug rat mkII at supergrandmas and headed back to the ranch. Supergrandma has drawn the short straw looking after everyone while I get on with the jobs list.
 High on the list, after paid work and normal routine was to finish the bike showroom. All that was required was to paint the wall
 and then once that was done
 hang and plumb in a large radiator. This was a lot easier without two small children asking Daddy what he was doing every ten seconds, making hand prints in the paint or demanding I play games/trains/jigsaws/go for a walk or go kart. All things that are much more interesting than DIY especially on such a perfect spring day.
Eventually jobs a good one, all done, which meant lots of time to enjoy the view. Well about five minutes before the next  job on the list.

No comments: