Saturday 19 April 2014

All change


The pocket rocket is going through his startling spring moult, from dark brown to white not quite horse pooh white in a matter of days (scroll down to see him a week ago)
Speed machine has been rebuilt and is ready to go again after an encounter with a strange bike shop in Rhayader. It looks like a pub (it was, the bar is the shop counter) and there is barely room to stand in it once you get past the gleaming bikes. But amongst the chaos of shiny bits the bike wizard (he looked like one, just deficit the pointy hat and gown with stars on it) found the exact rear wheel I required which came with a tyre and tube. Then he proceeded to replace freebie tyre and tube with my better stuff and put on the rear cassette to me thus saving hours of fiddling and inevitable breakages as I tried to do the same. He guessed my wheel was 3 to 4 years old (11 months actually) and would have happily sold me the front one but had lent to a mate. By the time I left the shop with new wheel, freebie tyre and tube with a pocket set of tyre levers thrown in I was a very happy bunny and almost convinced that this shop was better than the internet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the sound of that shop...

I'm not suprised that he thought the wheel was a lot older than it was, looking at the terrain and quite large wildlife it has to cope with.