Wednesday 2 March 2011

Walking on sunshine!

Today has been glorious. Simply glorious. The sun shone on Rock HQ for most of the day, the mud dried out, the animals were happy, the birds were singing and I was so happy that I totally forgot that I only fell asleep at four forty five am, thanks to Tristan realising he had been born, possessed lungs and vocal cords and so spent the smaller hours of the morning exercising them. He didn't cry, just made a lot of noise, and being super attentive parents we listened to every baby syllable until exhaustion set in and so we were so tired that despite the alarm clock going off and waking us we completely missed super Grandma Jill leaving the cottage at seven am and doing the morning routine for us.
So nice was the day that I did something quite unusual and took almost the whole day off. I had spent part of yesterday working on a statement for court and sent it in, so apart from a few phone calls and emails the day was mine. And being the industrious sort I ignored all the jobs on the to do list and spent the day either going for walks with friends who visited Tristan or messing about. Visitors who did not put up a fight were dragged around and over the Bonsai Mountain while Sally the very nice Midwife tended to my beautiful and oh so patient wife. Incidently I have been tasked with administering Tracey's meds, and while I am pretty expert and injecting several species of animals for a range of afflictions, this has in no way whatsoever prepared me for the responsibility of injecting a human, particularly one whom I love so much. Anyway the pic above shows our guests relaxing on top of the Bonsai Mountain. I think they enjoyed it.
Another reason why the day has been so good is that I got to spend some quality time with the critters. Our two little shitlands are currently foraging on Oak Bank when not allowed access to the hayledge. The Pocket Rocket loves company so Trevor and I spent a while discussing the pros and cons of felt saddles over cub saddles (plans for Tristan's riding career are already being made) while Misty got on with the important things in life like devouring extra calories. The cottage was host to several friends and family all keen to share the joy of Tristan's safe arrival, the nice man from Interflora brought several bouquets and a quick chat with The Oracle confirmed that Tristan is the first baby living at the cottage for at least 43 years.
But most of all, the reason why I have had such a good day is down to these two.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: