Friday 8 May 2009

Named at last!

Finally we have been able to get a name accepted by the Kennel Club for our puppies. Henceforth they will have the prefix Dolyhir, so here are three of the pups, Dolyhir Peaceful Bliss (Bliss) hiding under the sun lounger, almost hidden from view is Dolyhir Harvest Moon (Flash) whilst centre stage is Dolyhir Winter Storm (Spot), and below we have Dolyhir Winter Sunset (Fish)
Its taken an age to get a name, our first one Hanter was rejected as it was too similar to Annter. There followed an appeal where I challenged the KC's inability to pronounce the Queen's English but the chav's won so we chose Hergest. Unlucky, already taken, how about Pencraig? No that's already a kennel, we made up BrynTeg but apparently someone else had also made that word up, by now tempers were fraying and we submitted Dolyhir. The KC sulked for a few days after my chav tirade until the relented this afternoon and let us have Dolyhir.

I don't expect the new owners to use the registered names that have taken an age to choose, we didn't. Here you can see Tracey sat next to Mattertal Officer Jungfrau aka Rocky and Lostwithel Sherbet Lemon or Reba as we know her. Names that are much easier to yell across the garden I'm sure you will agree!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jo Bartlett said...

Hi Tony,

I found your column on the Worcester News site, and it would be great to have a quick chat with you. I am researching a series for Channel 4 about new smallholders - people who are just starting out. We are currently looking for people in this situation to appear in the series, and I was wondering if I could pick your brains, as I am sure you are contacted by new inexperienced smallholders all the time, looking for advice!

Would you have a spare five minutes for a quick chat? It would be great to tell you a bit more about the series. You can reach me on 020 7907 0868 and I will call you straight back, or email me on jo.bartlett@betty.co.uk and let me know your number and a good time to call, and I can call you direct.

Hoping you can help,

many thanks,

Jo Bartlett.