Thursday 9 April 2015

Putting the fun back in it

 Yours truly is lucky enough to live close enough to work to have a variety of modes of transport to call upon, ranging from Shanks' pony to Gerry my favourite Land Rover. Depending on what's in the work diary and how many people I can upset wearing lycra around the office helps decide the mode for the day. That choice made there is the different routes to take, whether to risk life and limbs battling lorries on the bypass or taking the high road (sheep and drover trails) around the Bonsai Mountain and over Hergest Ridge. Today being fine and sunny it was rude not to take the mountain bike out for a spin, down the bypass this morning where dozy drivers played lets get really stupidly close to the fat bloke on a bike (actually today was a bit different with one Tarmac lorry obeying the highway code as we approached a roundabout and let me have right of way thus delaying him by 2.3 seconds but he got a thumbs up as a reward) while this afternoon I turned off the road and headed up and over the ridge. Apparently there is 5.5 pound less of me this week than this time last week, that's probably a lung I coughed out gasping for air as I climbed this hill. Still it was more fun than playing kiss chase with lorries.

No comments: