Thursday 1 May 2014

Repeat after me....

I do not need a new bike. I do not need a new bike. I do not need a new bike. Thats my Mantra. Racing steed is all paid for thanks to the fantastic cycle to work scheme. So I do not need a new bike. I do not need a new bike. Of course I want one. I dont need one. I do not need a new bike. I do not need a new bike. I do not need a new bike. Despite all the emails I seem to be getting promising 40% off last years super duper much better than yours mate! I do not need a new bike. I do not need a new bike. I do not need a new bike. Even though a new bike has 2 more gears and is made from spiders webs so incredibly strong, light and fast. I do not need a new bike. I do not need a new bike. Mine is ace, and if I lost the lard I put back on over Christmas that I promised never ever to put back on again, me having another bike thats 47 grammes lighter than mine will make naff all difference. And no matter what my beautiful and oh so patient wife says I am not buying a new bike. It might look like I am by stealth means, two new wheels, two new tyres, two new inner tubes, new brakes, new main chain ring, I am not buying a new bike. Repeat. I do not need a new bike. I do not need a new bike........

3 comments:

Andy in Germany said...

Maybe you should go the other way and get one of these:

http://cyclesmaximus.com/

Then you could do stuff like collect the animals feed and get a man test done at the same time.

Mind you, as you're blaming me for getting you back cycling in the first place I'm probably in enough trouble as it is and should shut up now...

Jeremy Fisher said...

Of course you need a new bike!! If I'm dull enough to get a horse then you definitely need to match that level of lunacy!
Could do with a new road going steed myself but that's not going to happen anytime soon with a wedding to pay for.

Anonymous said...

b=n+1
where b is number of bikes you need and n is number of bikes you have :0)