Sunday 5 August 2012

Life with ME

Today should have been the bar b que to end my beautiful and oh so patient wife's birthday celebration week but in the event it had to be cancelled due to ME. That's not yours truly, no Tracey has ME and usually copes very well, managing the condition that is totally debilitating (and stress related so as she married me she has no chance!) and strikes her down without any warning. So that's what happened this morning and instead of making burgers and organising a bit of a do I was texting, emailing and phoning all to break the bad news. Thankfully I got to everyone in time and hopefully we can do something later in the year to make up for it. So the day was a quiet one on the homestead (I say quiet, I was refereeing a massive fall out in the Mangalitza maternity ward while at the same time making sure Boris didn't break any girl goats in his quest to continue his blood line) with family giving TLC to the poorly one.
Mind you the weather at bar b que o'clock would have put a dampener on it anyway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had already packed my wellies and waterproofs with an air of foreboding when I got your text.

Give Tracey our best.

JJ