Tuesday 24 June 2008

Disappointed

The definition of disappointment is different for everyone. I used to say it was like a dog getting into a car thinking it's going to the park and then finding its being taken to the vet.
I now know its like going to the hospital to have your arm looked at by the surgeon chap thinking you are going to be given the all clear and sent for torture session with the physio therapists but finding that in reality he wants to do another operation which will mean removing the metal plate holding your upper arm together, cleaning the bone, roughing up the edges, putting a wire mesh around it, filling It with a nice bone growing agent, re plating it and sewing it up again.

This will hopefully mean that the arm will repair properly. It was after all a brutal injury, one where I was lucky to keep my arm. Probably just a few years ago I would have had to have it amputated, I was lucky not to have landed on my head as I would have killed myself given the severity of the fall, and as I only broke my arm I count myself lucky.

So it would seem that Tracey has to take over responsibility for me and the farm late September, she is a Saint. I have been irrationally upset by the news from the hospital today so I have been cheering myself up by looking at the photos we have taken since moving to Rock HQ. This one is of Rocky and his Mum, Lucy, taken a few days after Rocky moved in with us. How can I be depressed when I have the love of a good woman, a smallholding which is a dream come true and such wonderful animals as these to share my life. Oh, and curry for dinner and a beer. Life can throw the odd set back but I have too much to be grateful for to dwell on life's disappointments.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jane smith said...

When things go wrong we just have to count our blessings I guess. I'm getting rather bored with that and the list just keeps getting smaller. I recently found out that my virtual lover has been dining at yours with his good lady!
Take care with the other arm. Still loving the blog. xx