Friday 27 June 2008

Combat Report

At 23.18 on 27-6-08 a single enemy combatant crossed the perimeter at Rock HQ. Despite repeated warnings the enemy closed in and a quick reaction force was dispatched to meet the enemy with extreme prejudice.
At 23.19 the QRF closed with the enemy and engaged and we can confirm one enemy fatality, a male fox.

Despite all our efforts with guns, despite leaving out a fox trap for weeks that has so far caught one Gordon setter, two beagles and a collie, nothing deterred the fox, nothing that it is except a car travelling down our lane which run the bugger over!!

The fox was killed by heavy metal.

Good riddance!

But we shall be waiting for it's mate.

3 comments:

jane smith said...

Have you thought of keeping Llamas to protect the rest of the animals? I heard about this idea on Newsround the other day. Here's a link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7448038.stm

Tony said...

It's often said that Llamas and Alpacas protect the rest of the animals, so thanks for the link. I must admit to being predjudice against them as every smallholder magazine, book, and programme seems to go on about them. Last smallholder magazine had a 32 page pull out on keeping the beasts, not useful when you want to know how to keep the usual farm stock and not exotic pets. There does'nt seem a lot of point to them, not good eating, stroppy and cost a fortune!
I shall stick to sheep and pigs and save my pennies for some Dexters. So far by selling toys on ebay I have raised enough cash for the back right leg of a small calf!
Thanks for reading and supporting the madness at Rock HQ!

SkippyMom said...

I have just finished reading the whole blog - start to finish - and as happy as it has made me - SO funny, so well written - love it....I am sad, as now I have to wait for a once a day installment to know what is going on.

You and Tracey are very inspiring - there are so many posts I could've, should've and wanted to comment on, but you most certainly would've been bored by me.

I will say once again [my one other comment is on the post about "Animal Husbandry" - my family thanks you, btw, for the 5:40 am wake up LAUGH - I scared the b'jesus out of them...giggle] - truly THANK YOU!

Keep up the great work. I will be back and will let all my friends know too.

Take care.