Thursday 29 May 2008

In this weather!

This is Geisha, Katy and Daffodil giving their verdict on the weather. Normally they run straight past me and try to find Tracey with their morning milk. After four days of rain they are obviously as fed up with it as we are.

I thought I heard a cuckoo yesterday but can't be sure so still not properly heard one this year. I did see a bird that I have never seen before though, a Redstart, an amazing Robin shaped bird with orange red plumage, blue wings and head and a white cap. I'm not a twitcher or anything weird like that but you do tend to notice things when you are outside a lot of the time. So even in the wettest weather there are rewards.

Today I have to leave Rock HQ, hopefully only for the day, having some metal work removed from my arm. This will hopefully allow it to get a bit more movement and I have a mental physio on stand by to twist and stretch it into shape one the surgery heals. Its taken nine months to get to this stage, I thought it would only take nine weeks to get back to normal, but I've always been an optimist!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

The land that I live on used to be a farm...when I was little, we had baby goats and geese and chickens and an Appaloosa horse. I miss it sometimes, and I've been enjoying your posts.

Good luck, today.

Tony said...

Many thanks,

I survived :) bit sore and feeling odd from the drugs. Tracey is running the farm for the next few days as well as looking after me. She is a Saint!