Friday 20 May 2016

The great outdoors

 Orla is making sense of her new world, if that is something a traumatised K9 is capable of.
 My motivation to train is reaching new lows even though the main event if frighteningly close to actually taking place. Tonight I managed to persuade myself to the top of Stanner rocks on the MTB on the proviso that it wasn't a road ride, that I was only going to the end of the lane, that if I did go further I really was not going to go up Stanner Hill, no I would go up Old Radnor, but as I had got up Old Radnor I would go straight on to the base of Stanner rather than home but there was no way I was going up it and eventually I managed to convince myself I wasn't going to do it as I sat on the top looking at the fast way down. Having successfully lied myself into a good training session I rested up the later part of the evening and fretted about the route, the food needed, the bikes to be serviced, the support team and all of the things needed for this challenge.
 Meantimes Orla took it easy.

No comments: