Wednesday 25 September 2013

Keep calm and carry on

 I thought we were being burgled but this is what greeted me as I investigated the noise at 5am. Our decrepit 23 year old Beagle had stormed the barricade and got in the kitchen. In other words I forgot to shut the utility room door, or a vermin cat opened it, either way the result of 23 years naughtinessis apparent. Theres no point telling him off, he wouldnt remember, understand and anyway at 23 he should know better. So after calmly, ahem, clearing up and doing the morning routine I set off for the city to find my beautiful and no longer pregnant wife and newborn.  
 My turn to feed him while MBAOSPW has a snooze. Fat chance given the noise of the ward, but its the thought that counts.
 Alexander managed admirably.
 Lil t (perhaps he's big T now?) made sure his lil bro had lunch.
And after I promised the midwife that I would not make MBAOSPW feed the pigs (this evening anyway) we were allowed to bring her home. Alexander was made to wear an embarrassing hat for his first trip outside hospital and braced himself for his first car journey. Whatever his facial expression my driving is not that bad!

No comments: