Saturday 7 September 2013

Just when you thought it was safe

So there I was was sat reading "We're going on a bear hunt" for the umteenth time to little t and looking forward to a hot chocolate and some zeds myself when the smallholder equivelent of Housten we have a problem was shouted up at the bedroom window and after tucking the apprentice smallholder safely in his bed went outside to hear the devastating news that the PGOOR had struck again (Phantom Gate Opener of Old Radnor) and our little shitland was loose on the mountain. Actually confession time, once I was told the little shitland had legged it with Apollo and Will.I.Am I had that horrible feeling when you recollect doing, or in this case not doing, something really stupid. I cannot tell a lie, I left the gate unfastened after feeding them hot apples. So instead of sitting feet up contemplating a busy day done and another one tomorrow, I was instead testing my new running shoes and tracking ability on the Bonsai Mountain. As can be seen I was better at tracking than the little shitland was at hiding and after I risked life and limb on the slopes in the dark, ran the gauntlet of Trolls, Zombies and Werewolves, he is now back behind bars where he belongs. The other two are still at large but as they dont chase walkers/quadbikes/dog/horses and anything else that takes his fancy it was priority to catch this one. The other two will return when their tummies are rumbling. Perhaps.

No comments: