Friday 12 June 2015

Keep calm and carry on

This was not what I was expecting to find on early doors at the premier agricultural show. Having asked for a 3 by 3 metre tent I stupidly assumed that there would be one (just like last time) however for whatever reason yours truly was faced with a soon to be empty patch of ground on which to put a really professional display designed to entice people to sign up for the wonderful world of fostering. Now I could have had a hissy fit, kicked the van, thrown my teddy

 and it did occur to borrow this to settle a few scores
 but instead I found a gazebo seller stupid enough to be up really early and who turned out to be really helpful by spending his time he had meant to spend munching bacon sarnies giving me a practical demonstration of how to erect a gazebo. By the time my helpful colleagues arrived order prevailed and we had a fantastic display
with matching shirts. A grand day followed with lots of PR about fostering, ours was one of four fostering agencies there and whilst another provider had a huge pink double decker bus (obviously they spend their money on that rather than their carers) ours was the only stand giving away balloons and the only one graced by a visit from Adam Henson to tell us what great jobs we did.

No comments: