Wednesday 26 August 2020

Feeling tyred

Teh reason why Stan is not so much parked as abandoned in a field on a relatively flat part of Wales a few miles up the road is due to a bit of a disaster yours truly had transporting ponies to their holiday home.
The newly refurbished horse box had a bit of a hissy fit 
and let itself down by blowing a tyre. Unable to stop and put the spare on as the same thing had happened before and I being lazy didn't take the wheel to be fixed. The ensuing drama which included a pillock trying to overtake me as I turned right into the safe haven of my destination ( he stopped and attempted road rage until a large skinhead got out of a camoflaged truck and pointed the error of his ways which in turn enlightened RRMK2 to an aspect of the English language he had never heard his father utter before, yes I forgot he was in the car sat behind me ...) meant that Trixie trailer had to be left on the hillside while the ponies frollicked all summer.
As its nearly holiday over and back to reality for the equines the trailer had to be fixed and thankfully, for once, everything worked, the wheel came off, the replacement fitted and I went home triumphant via the garage dropping off the broken one to be fixed. Lesson learned.
Actually its been a day for horses, I went for a bike ride and had to hold our gate open so these lucky people could pass unhindered. 
 

No comments: