Friday 7 December 2018

Once in a blue moon

 Every once in a while we get to play at being grown ups and go out.
 So here we both are at our first heavy metal gig since the children were born waiting to see two bands
 one of which I have been waiting since 1980 to see, clue is in the picture,
 whos hit single "I want you to want me" was blasted out of the Police training school jukebox every night along with the better B side "Clock strikes 10!"
 I bought the 3 million copy selling bootleg album Live at the Budokan which catapulted them to stardom in 1978. I got quite emotional listening to the classics as they belted out one after the other.
 Its the original line up save for the drummer so considering each band member is pushing or over 70 they
 rocked the place
 and he still plays the worlds only 5 headed guitar.
 headlining were Def Leppard with Hysteria 2018, the album Hystria was released in 1987 and I saw them that year at the NEC and they were less than good. But for old times sake I decided to tag along to this gig and as the album is a classic and they were playing it all it sounded promising.
 It was to say the least
 astounding. The band played such a tight set and it was devastatingly loud, enough to mush your internal organs. Amazing night out and even when we were trapped in a NCP car park because the barrier would not lift and stayed there until someone more impatient than me smashed the barrier off (people still then put their tickets in the machine....why?) it did nothing to spoil the evening.
Great night.....if only I could do it again.

No comments: